Friday 4 May 2012

Stacking the Shelves #1 part 1


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted over at Tynga's Reviews.

I want to do this meme every 2 weeks on Friday to show the new books I've bought.

Later I'd like to do this in a vlog but I'm still experienting with that, I do want you guys to actually understand what I'm saying. :P

My stack from these 2 weeks is a lot larger than usual because I got more salary than expected and went to Vienna where I robbed the bookstores (just kidding...). Basically my self containment flew out the window the moment I saw I could spend some more this month. To avoid creating a monster post I divided  it in two parts with another post coming tomorrow.

First one up is Treachery in Death by J.D. Robb a.k.a. Nora Roberts. The In Death series contains now over 34 books and I'm still not tired of the amazingness of the kick-ass couple that is tough cop Eve Dallas and billionaire genius Roarke. The secondary characters are also great and Robb has really made this futuristic world come alive for me. I do recommend to start with the first one in the series, Naked in Death, where Eve meets Roarke for the first time when he's suspect in a gruesome murder.




Good Omens, the baby made during a collaboration between Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett in the 1990's. Bought this on the airport. I already own the Dutch version but wanted it in English too. It's a very funny book but hard to get through in Dutch. Re-read this in one day and the English version reads so much better. The dry and absurd humor never fails to make me laugh out loud. I haven't read any of them separate but both American Gods and A touch of Magic are waiting on my bookshelves already. It may not be for everyone but if you like Douglas Adams for example, you should give it a try!



I found Pandemonium in the English Section of the bookshop in my town. Finding a YA book there is a miracle in itself and the fact that it didn't feature vampires made me buy it immediately just to send a sign to the bookstore -and God- that they should be buying these books. While I haven't read the first one (which I bought earlier this year) the reviews have been great and else I'm sure I can trade them with someone who will appreciate them. Also Lauren Oliver seems like a cool person :)




Gone Gone Gone by Hannah Moskowitz. This arrived in the mail today and I couldn't be happier. I was fan-girling over this book earlier and I've already started reading it. I don't think I will sleep tonight but who cares!

Second Part coming tomorrow. What did you buy in the last couple of weeks? Or have you read anything on my shelf? Tell me! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

"Embedded Below Post"