Saturday 5 May 2012

Stacking the Shelves #1 part 2



Now for part 2 of Stacking the Shelves hosted over at Tynga's Reviews. I posted Part 1 yesterday. Clicking on the book name will lead you to the bookpage on Goodreads.

So here we go. :)



Bought in Vienna, Going Bovine by Libba Bray (YA)



It has won Printz Award in 2010. It's supposed to have absurd humor and is recommended for fans of Dounglas Adams (who wrote Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy). I love both so I think this will be a book for me.

The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan (YA)


I love Rick Riordan. He writes books suitable for many ages with lots of humor. This is the book in his  new Heroes of Olympic series that came out in 2010. It's set in the same world as the Percy Jackson books but now with different Protagonists, Jason, Piper and Leo. I read this book a while ago and it's just as good as Percy Jackson, glad to finally own it in print.

Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning (Urban Fantasy, PNR)
Found this at the airport at a ridiculous high price for a mass market paperback but still couldn't resist. The Fever series written by Karen Marie Moning is one of the most addicting series out there. Although there are five books, it should be seen as one continuing story. This is the last book(5th) and it's awesome. Once you start the first book Darkfever you'll be sucked in and won't be able to sleep until you finished the last book. Highly recommended!


Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty (YA)


I read this in February and it was a revelation. I've been wanting to write a review of it but I haven't found the words yet.. I adore it and I see many re-reading in my bookfuture. Jessica is like my book soulmate.



No comments:

Post a Comment

"Embedded Below Post"