Monday 30 April 2012

Monday "not so" Moaning from Vienna

Like Garfield I hate Monday and I love lasagna. But since I have my vacation this week the title of my post is slightly changed. I'm sure many more Mondays will come along to hate.

Each Monday I want to give an overview of what I reviewed in the past week and what I'll be reading in the upcoming one. I usually read a lot of books at the same time. Clicking on the title will bring you to the book page in Goodreads where you can read more about it. The pictures match the covers I own.

 Reviews

On saturday I posted my first review on the blog. The book is one of my all time favorites called Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta and you can check it out here.

Currently reading:





-Room by Emma Donoghue. I started this on the plane and I was absorbed. I hope to finish it today.


-Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin. First book in the epic fantasy series named "A song in Fire & Ice", I'm addicted to the tv series on HBO and the book is also great but very long. I will finish it this week though.


-Tomorrow I'm starting The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson. I was ecstatic when I found this in a second hand shop and I can't wait to start. It doesn't seem like your ordinary YA book.

-Continue Persuasion. My second Austen book after Pride and Prejudice which I think is great. So far the story has been set-up mostly and I can't wait for Anne Elliot (the protagonist) to talk to Wentworth (her love interest from 10 years ago which she dumped under pressure of her family because he was poor, now he is rich and a naval hero). Jane Austen has such a lovely way with words and she's very funny.

-Bought Treachery in Death by J.D. Robb at the airport and I'm reading that too.


-Later this week I'll start Delirium by Lauren Oliver, already bought the second one in the series. 

Note: not my own photo from Vienna. Found it on Google images but can't find the photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Embedded Below Post"