Saturday 19 May 2012

Stacking the Shelves #2


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted over at Tynga's Reviews. This way I can show all the new awesome books I bought and received :D I didn't expect to do this meme this week since I had very little money. But it turned out to be not such a bad week at all. Actually it was a really good book week!

I Capture The Castle by Dodie Smith
Got this for only two euros ($2,50) in a pretty hardcover edition. Many people love it and the movie is apparently good too. That doesn't happen often..



White Hot by Sandra Brown
Sandra Brown writes great Romantic Suspense. Read this one a year ago and I really liked it. Found it on the market also for 2 euros.


The giver by Lois Lowry
I was at the American Book Center tuesday. I had never been there before and it was love at first sight.
I was walking around with a huge smile on my face and I screamed a little bit (inside my head) every time I saw a book that I'd been wanting forever (which was an awful lot :P).
Ironically I was broke
So luckily in the bargains section I could buy the Giver with my very limited money (3,99 in euros). It has won a bunch of prizes and it's one of the early dystopian books marketed to teens. I'm a huge fan of the genre so I'm curious :)

Looking for Alibrandi by Melina Marchetta
The only Marchetta book I didn't own yet. My aunt gave it to me for my birthday but it only arrived weeks ago. If I didn't have any homework I would have finished it already but for now it's stalled until next week :(

Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut
Got this from my aunt for my upcoming birthday (in two months). I love the shit out of Vonnegut and his books are kind of my bible. I own about 9 books of his and I can't wait to read this one and be amazed by his wisdom.

That was Stacking the Shelves for this week. Have you read any of the books I received? And did you get any books you really wanted? Tell me in the comments! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I always do that whenever I enter a bookstore! I would get giddy and excited and don't know where to start first :P
    And I think should start reading Melina Marchetta... :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I think that would be a great idea! Her characters are simply fantastic :)

      This bookstore was really amazing. The books were stacked up to the sky and I wanted them all ^^

      Delete

"Embedded Below Post"