Sunday 13 May 2012

Sunday Stuff

Happy Mother's Day!

I made my mother a brunch together with my little sister :) She is one of the best people alive on this planet and there is nobody like her <3

My reviews

Gone Gone Gone by Hannah Moskowitz. Loved it.

Delirium by Lauren Oliver. Good romance, bad dystopia.

Links I  loved

15 Young Adult Fiction Properties That Could Be The Next 'Twilight' Or 'Hunger Games' | The Playlist

Young-Adult books that have been optioned for movies. Movies based on books are often tricky and I often don't like them or think that they fall short of the brilliantness of the book ;)
 I still have to read many of the books on this list, but if they can make the movie work that would be great because wonderful stories among them (sadly sucky ones too).

 Maurice Sendak, 1928 – 2012 - Chronicles of a Book Evangelist
After Maurice Sendak died I've read a lot of memories people have from reading his books and how he impacted their lives. He was truly a wonderful person. In the Dutch newspaper there was also an article about him and an column about how they made the dutch translation way to cutesy. She called to complain to the publisher but it turned out that the founder of the publisher was the one who wrote the translation... Awkward. I really hate it when they mess up translations, it ruins wonderful books. Another reason why I quit reading translations from English.
"I said anything I wanted because I don't believe in children, I don't believe in childhood. I don't believe that there's a demarcation. 'Oh, you mustn't tell them that. You mustn't tell them that.' You tell them anything you want. Just tell them if it's true. If it's true, you tell them." -Maurice Sendak
TheTruthIsViral
This is one of the reason I adore the internet and the digital age. These old, famous photos have been restored and color has been added. It has an interesting effect. Especially the 'mushroom' of the atom bombing looks tropical...

Video of the week




So so beautiful. The cinematography perfectly fits with the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Embedded Below Post"